...but with a smile on my face)... I made it! That wasn't hard, and I must admit I'm feeling a bit giddy inside. The POSSIBILITIES of a long-dreamed-of, (literally) Spirit-prodded, cozy little private residence in the blogosphere are thrilling to me. Though I may be talking to only one reader (my devoted daughter), I welcome you here and hope you will find something happy or inspiring that you can use in your own life. And I hope you will share your insights with me, so we can have a delightful, bloggy friendship. So come on in: I've got something to share.
Do you have days where you feel off-center, off-course, and out-of-sorts? I do, and I have come to learn over the years that that usually means I'm forgetting to do the important daily things that make me happy and peaceful, and feeling fully engaged in life.
On the first page of my 2010 journal, I listed these non-negotiables as my "dailies", and I turn back to this page often. Some you may agree with, others may seem silly, but nevertheless, these are the things that I try to incorporate into my daily living. I hardly ever do all in one day, but if I'm doing most on most days, life seems a move along quite nicely, even when the big bumps in the road inevitably come.
Here they are, my "dailies", in no particular order:
1. Write and send a hand-written note
2. Listen to classical music, turned up a little too loud
3. Eat a salad of fresh greens, and berries in some form
4. Not just read, but SEARCH the scriptures
5. Take a brisk walk with Harry-Doodle (you will meet him soon)
6. Read from a good book
7. Pray first thing in the morning
8. Make the bed and leave the bathroom clean before going downstairs
9. Listen for and act on promptings of the Holy Ghost
10. Sweep front and back porches (Thanks, Mom)
11. Have a good conversation with a family member AND a friend (really LISTEN)
12. Drink lots of water
13. Wash and put away all dishes after every meal
14. Put on a pretty apron while tidying the house (I know this sounds very "June Cleaver", but this makes me happy and helps me take my home-keeping job seriously)
15. Keep a running checklist of things to do and things done. Look at it often and congratulate myself on how productive I am!
16. Keep the camera handy ... look for perfect moments and try to snap one photo each day.
So there it is. These things get sandwiched in between everything else that keeps my life hopping, and with any luck, fun! What are some of your "dailies"?
Come visit again soon. It's good to be home.