Saturday, April 2, 2011

Slow and Steady Wins the Race



(This is a photo of me, taken last Saturday after my run. I wanted to wear my Ragnar medal in addition to the shirt, but the banging would have hurt. At the end of five weeks of the Experiment.)


Notes from Today's Run -- Saturday, April 2, 2010

WHO: The Faithful Doodle and me

WHAT: Longer Saturday Run (Today 2 miles in 25 minutes, with warm-up and cool-down walks) Began in baby hail storm, but ended under a perfectly-timed sunbreak. I'd like to think the heavens were saying "Yessss, Macy!"

WHEN: Between Saturday General Conference sessions. Planned for in advance, had clothes ready to go.

WHERE: My regular loop. (Need to start mixing it up)

HOW: Slow & Steady With No Stops. Listened to Ron's crazy, shuffled mix on my ipod: Blondie, Los Lonely Boys, Daughtry, Lenny Kravitz, and ended with Garth!) Kari said last night, "How did you ever run without music?" and I'm beginning to understand what she meant.

WHY: Because Saturday is Longer Run Day. And I'm becoming a girl who keeps commitments to herself. And I feel powerful when I finish. And I have faith that eventually running is going to make a difference. (and I sorta love it.)


**Have you been out yet today to exercise?? If not, do it!! I promise it will make you feel terrific. 'Til Monday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment