Wednesday, August 29, 2012
For the Love of Addie
Here are eight things I'm loving about my five month-old granddaughter, Addie:
1. Her wide-open, gummy (except for two adorable bottom "toofers") smiles that come one right after the other.
2. Her bright eyes that are constantly taking in EVERYTHING around her. We laughingly and constantly say that she is "verrry advanced" and oh, so smart!
3. Her swoop of red hair that her mommy clips up girl-style with grosgrain ribbon clips.
4. Her soft little body in my kitchen sink, constantly in motion as I bathe her. She is learning to feel comfortable in her skin and seems fascinated and thrilled with the things she's learning to make it do.
5. Her intent focus on my eyes as she jibber-jabbers what I'm sure is very important stuff. Her changing facial expressions make us think she knows exactly what she's saying.
6. Her sweet little face, complete with respectable double chin, extra-long eyelashes, and red eyebrows ... perfect in every way.
7. The way she gets completely and utterly still when I hold her and whisper long secrets into her little ears.
8. Her chubby bare feet, always pushing, kicking, lifting to her hands, and sometimes even crossing at the ankles in ladylike fashion. (see photo above)